TRAINING WORKSHOP ON CLIMATE CHANGE FOR COMMUNITY RADIO BROADCASTERS FROM THE NORTH WEST AND SOUTH WEST REGIONS OF
:FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM THROUGH THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION IN CAMEROON. KUMBA, 22-24 FEBRUARY 2010 CAMEROON
- Dr Ghogomu; Geography Department, University of
Ayuk Elizabeth, Geography Department,
- Eno Chris Oben, Regional Delegate for Communications, South West Region
- Shifu Ngalla, Environmental Report and Coordinator for Change Communications
OPENING OF WORKSHOP
- Preparation of workshop material and arrangemant of the hall by Awafong Julius (Project Coordinator) and Tata Donita Nshani (Project Research Assistant)
- Assembly of Participants at the conference Hall of the Women’s Empowerment Centre - Kumba
- Arrival of Local officials and His Excellency the British High Commissioner to Cameroon and his suite
- Introduction of workshop by the Change Communication Coordinator, Shifu Ngalla.
- A word from the Regional Delegate of Communication for the South West Region, Eno Chris Oben
Aword from the British High Commissioner to
Climate Change; what it is, causes, impacts and consequences at the global level. Dr Ghogomu, The
Climate Change in the Western highlands of
Climate Change; the forest and coastal ecosystems. Ayuk Elizabeth,
Discussion with participants on solutions to Climate Change at the village community level what can or should the community do? Dr Ghogomu, Ayuk Elizabeth, Shifu Ngalla.
Pole of Community Radiobroadcaster as intermediary communicators for development in general and the fight against climate change in particular. Eno Chris Oben
Guiding principles in the production of radio programmes on the environment in general and climate change in particular. Structuring a programme on climate change (a model structure). Shifu Ngalla
Discussion with participants on relevant topics/themes for the production of programmes on climate change in their various localities. Shifu Ngalla
Assessment and Resolution of workshop/Work in Commissions.
RESOLUTION AT THE END OF THE WORKSHOP
At the end of the workshop on climate change sponsored by the British High Commission to Cameroon which took place in Kumba from Monday, February 22 to Wednesday February 24, 2010 for rural radio broadcasters in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon, participants at the workshop saw the need to work together in a synergy for better programming and advocacy on the environment and climate change related issues hereby resolved as follows:
1. Send special appreciation to the British High Commission for sponsoring the workshop.
2. Wish that more of such workshops be organized to strengthen the capacities of Rural Radio Communicators.
3. Hereby form an association of Rural Radio Broadcasters of English Expression known as
and South West Association of Community Radio Broadcasters abbreviated (NOSACOB). North West
4. That the Global Objective is to cause change of mentality towards the environment and climate change related issues and intensify networking amongst members.
5. The association shall source for partners to attain her objective.
6. An interim to organize the smooth take off of the association.
7. The interim executive comprises the following:
a) The Coordinator
· Mr Obi Joseph – Voice of Manyu – Mamfe
b) Vice Coordinator
· Tamnjong Ndi Richard – Donga Mantung Community Radio – Nkambe
· Mngo Demse Macarius – Oku Rural Radio
d) Vice Secretary
Emmanuel Ndongo Mulonge – Bonakanda Rural Radio - Buea
Nnah Gillian Tita - Lakesite Radio – Kumba
· Ngwan Patrick M. – Bui Community Radio – Kumbo
· Atabong George – Lebialem Community Radio – Limbe
· Jani Colette Welle – Lakesite Radio – Kumba
· Olive Ejang Tebug – The Post Newspaper – Kumba
· Ines Sob Moyoupa –
Radio – Limbe Ocean City
· Seidu Maweh – Water Project Initiative – Ndu
· Muchop Walters Tebidson – Batibo Council Community Radio – Batibo· Amina Ali – Donga Mantung Community Radio – Nkambe
Participants/trainees drawing up a radio programme on Climate Change (Group 1)
Participants/trainees drawing up a radio programme on Climate Change (Group 2)
Resource Person (Elizabeth) explaining to participants about Climate Change.
Resource Person (Dr Ghogomu) explaining to participants about Climate Change.
Coordinator of Workshop/ChangeComms (Shifu Ngalla) explaining to participants the technics on comminucating on Climate Change and how to build a good radio programme on Climate Change.
Deputy Britsh High Commissioner to Cameroon in an interview with a participant.
Our facebook link.
Visit our videos on youtube